Certificate of Italian

What is a certificate of Italian?
This is a document that certifies the knowledge level for Italian and is internationally recognized.  
This certificate is different from the “Acknowledgement” issued by Local Centres for Stay Permit points or for CEE Long Stay Permits (ex residence card).

Why is a certificate of Italian necessary?
Having an official certificate that indicates the knowledge level for Italian is helpful both for work and study, and may be helpful for completing the training which one began in one’s own country and finding a better job. Companies that decide to recruit foreign employees, prefer people who know how to communicate in Italian without too much trouble.

How does one obtain a certificate?
To obtain a certificate, one needs to pass a test to determine one’s declared level of Italian.
The test is made up of four parts namely: listening, reading, writing and speaking.

Who issues the certificate of Italian?
Only the following 4 institutions recognised by the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Education may issue the said certificate:
-    The University for Foreigners of Siena issues the CILS, Certificate of Italian as a Foreign Language
-    The University for Foreigners of Perugia issues the CELI, Certificate for the Italian Language
-    The University of Rome 3 issues 4 certificates, A2 base.IT, B1 ele.IT, B2 int.IT, C2 –IT
-    The Dante Alighieri Society issues the PLIDA, Dante Alighieri Italian Language Project.

How much do the certificates cost?
Shown below are the general costs. We must add that often these test centres give reductions to students who have attended their courses.
The table below is a general guideline of prices you may expect. So for further clarification and detail please contact the relevant internet links mentioned above.

Certificate costs

A1 € 40,00 € 15,38 € 100,00 € 60,00
A2 € 40,00 € 30,00 € 100,00 € 60,00 € 40,00
B1 € 90,00 € 35,00 € 100,00 € 80,00 € 80,00
B2 € 105,00
€ 100,00 € 90,00 € 140,00
C1 € 135,00
€ 100,00 € 130,00
C2 € 160,00
€ 100,00 € 130,00 € 200,00

Where can one obtain the certificate in Milan?
The following is a list of centres whereby it is possible to have a test for the certificate.
Not all the centres organise preparation courses for the test.

Examination centre

Università Roma Tre test centres.

No test centres for the University of Rome 3 have been indentified.

Which of these following schools are free and payment is made only for the certificate?

CTP Mugello
Comunità di S. Egidio C.A.M. Via Garibaldi
Comunità di S. Egidio Via Olivetani

Where can one be prepared for the test?

Some schools, which are not test centres, organise preparation courses for the said certificate.
The schools within the certification network are those in which there are Italian courses that can prepare you for the test and direct you to the relevant test centre.  

Schools within the certification network

Icons: make an advanced search